Areas of Interest: Speech Signal Processing/Analysis, Speech Enhancement, Source Localization, Speaker Recognition, Pattern Recognition/Machine learning
Dhananjaya N. holds a doctorate (2011) and a master's degree (MS by Research, 2004) in the area of speech signal processing, both from the Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras. He obtained his bachelor's degree in Electronics and Communications (E&C) in the year 1998 from The National Institute of Engineering (NIE), Mysore University. He has worked for 3 years at Tata Infotech Ltd. (TIL), Bangalore immediately after his bachelor's. He has been working as a Research Associate at the Speech and Vision Lab, International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad since 2007. He is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Computer Society of India (CSI).
- 2006 : Toulouse, France - To attend MMUA-2006 and ICASSP-2006
- 2000 : Prague, Czech Republic - Through TIL Bangalore for System Installation
- 1999 : Prague, Czech Republic - Through TIL Bangalore for onsite
- Muscat, Barcelona, Prague, Toulouse, Marseilles, Paris : As tourist
- Nov 2011, RIT Kottayam, Kerala : Invited talk on Speech Analysis, as part of the Short-term Training Programme (STP) on 'Recent Trends in Audio and Speech Processing' sponsored by the Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala.
- Nov 2008, RIT Kottayam, Kerala : Invited talk on Speech Technology, as
part of the Short-term Training Programme (STP) on 'Recent Trends in
Audio and Speech Processing' sponsored by the Directorate of Technical
- Sept 2008, NIT Suratkal, Karnataka : Invited talk on Speech Signal Processing, as part of the short-term teacher's training programme (STTP) on Signal, Speech and Image Processing sponsored by AICTE/MHRD, Govt. of India.
- 2006, Toulouse, France : Talk on Speaker Verification using Limited Amount of Data, as part of the EU Project on Cross Cultural Initiative
- 2005, CAIR Bangalore : Invited talk on MELP - Mixed excitation Linear Prediction codec.
- 2004, Kothamangalam, Kerala : Invited talk on Speech Technology, as
part of the Teacher's Training Programme sponsored by AICTE, Govt. of India.
Sponsored Projects (involved):
- 2010-ongoing: Virtual Labs, MHRD, Govt. of India, at IIIT Hyderabad
- 2007-2010 : Development of Phonetic Engine for Indian Languages, TDIL, MIT, Govt. of India.
- 2005-2007 : Speech Coding: DRDO-IITM MoU, CAIR, Bangalore
- 2004-2005 : EU Project: Indo-German-Italian Cross Cultural Initiative
- ICISIP 2004, Chennai
- ICISIP 2005, Chennai
- WISP 2006, IIT Madras, Chennai
- WISP 2007, IIIT Hyderabad
- WISP 2009, IIIT Hyderabad
- WISP 2010, IIIT Hyderabad