Area of Interest: Speech and Language Processing
Kishore S. Prahallad is an assistant professor at the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad.
He is associated with IIIT Hyderabad since March 2001, and started the
speech activities in Language Technologies Research Center (LTRC) at IIIT-H. He
served as a research scientist from 2001-2008, senior research
scientist from 2008-2010, and as the coordinator of MSIT division from
2004-2009 at IIIT-H.
He did BE in computer science and engineering (CSE) from Deccan College
of Eng. & Tech., Osmania University in 1998, MS (by Research) in
2001 from Dept. of CSE, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, and
PhD in 2010 from Language Technologies Institute, School of Computer
Science, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), USA.
His research interests are in speech and language processing,
specifically in text-to-speech synthesis and speech recognition. His
current projects include building text-to-speech systems for Indian
languages, collection of speech corpora in Indian languages, automatic
annotation of speech data at phonetic and prosodic level, voice
conversion, pronunciation modeling of non-native speech, spoken dialog
systems, audio/music information retrieval and summarization, learning
from examples and by doing.
- Naresh Kumar Elluru, Anandaswarup Vadapalli, Veera Raghavendra Elluru, Hema A Murthy and Kishore S. Prahallad, "Is word-to-phone mapping better than phone-phone mapping for handling English words?", in Proceedings of the 51st Annual Meeting of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL 2013), Sofia, Bulgaria, August 2013. [More]
- Anandaswarup Vadapalli, Peri Bhaskararao and Kishore S. Prahallad, "Significance of word-terminal syllables for prediction of phrase breaks in Text-to-Speech systems for Indian languages", in Proceedings of 8th ISCA Speech Synthesis Workshop, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 189 - 194, September 2013. [More]
- Kishore S. Prahallad, Naresh Kumar Elluru, Venkatesh Keri and S. Rajendran, "IIIT-H Indic Speech Databases", in INTERSPEECH, Portland, USA, Sept 2012. [More]
- Ronanki Srikanth, Bajibabu Bollepalli and Kishore S. Prahallad, "Duration Modelling in Voice Conversion Using Artificial Neural Networks", in IWSSIP-2012, Vienna, Austria, 11-13, April 2012. [More]
- Gautam Varma Mantena, S. Rajendran, Suryakanth V Gangashetty, B. Yegnanarayana and Kishore S. Prahallad, "Development of a Spoken Dialogue System for accessing Agricultural Information in Telugu", in International Conference on Natural Language Processing, December 2011. [More]