Brief Bio :
I hold a B.E(Computer Science & Engg.) degree from the University of Madras and a MS by Research (Computer Scence & Engg) from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. I am currently pursuing my PhD at the International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad. My areas of interest include speech analysis, speech coding and neural networks. My current research is in the area of speech coding.
- Student Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Student Member of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
- Member of the Computer Society of India (CSI)
- High Performance Detection System (2004-2006), sponsored by the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (DRDO), Vishakapatnam.
- Detection and Estimation of SONAR signals (2005-2006), sponsored by the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (DRDO), Vishakapatnam.
- Feasibility of ultra low-bit rate coding for transmission and storage of speech (2007-2010), sponsored by the Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (DRDO), Bangalore.
- Efficient representation of speech from throat microphone for transmission and storage of speech information (2009-2010), sponsored by the Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (DRDO), Bangalore.
- Virtual Labs for Speech Signal Processing (2011-2012), Ministry of Human Resources Development , Govt. of India
- Anand Joseph Xavier M. and B. Yegnanarayana, "Non-linear encoding of the excitation source using neural networks for transition mode coding in CELP", in International Conference on Signal Processing And Communications, July 2012. [More]
- B. Yegnanarayana, Dhananjaya N., Anand Joseph Xavier M. and Suryakanth V Gangashetty, "Decomposition of speech signals for analysis of aperiodic components of excitation", in Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP-2011), Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 5396-5399, 22-27 May 2011. [More]
- Anand Joseph Xavier M., Sri Harish Reddy M. and B. Yegnanarayana, "Speaker Dependent Mapping of Source and System features for Enhancement of Throat Microphone Speech", in Interspeech 2010, Tokyo, Japan, September 26-30 2010. [More]
- Anand Joseph Xavier M., Sri Rama Murty K. and B. Yegnanarayana, "Neural Network Mapping of Throat Microphone Speech for Low-Bitrate Coding", in INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COGNITIVE AND NEURAL SYSTEMS, Boston University 677 Beacon Street Boston, Massachusetts 02215 USA, May 27–30 2009. [More]
- Anand Joseph Xavier M., B. Yegnanarayana, Sanjeev Gupta and R.M. Kesheorey, "Speaker dependent mapping for low bit rate coding of throat microphone speech", in Proc. INTERSPEECH 2009, Brighton, UK, pp. 1087-1090, September 6-10 2009. [More]